This Policy will inform you as to how we look after your personal information, your privacy rights, how the law protects you, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing your personal information when you visit any of our websites (our “Website”) or transact with us (collectively, the Website and our services are referred to as the “Services”)
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Services because we will not be able to perform the Services.
1. IMPORTANT INFORMATION / PURPOSE OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
- Directly from you when you visit our Website or communicate with us or our representatives (whether electronically, by telephone or paper forms); and
- Automatically from you as you browse our Website.
2. THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect types of information which identify, relate to or is reasonably capable of being associated with a particular individual (“Personal Information”).
3. HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
We use different methods to collect this information from you and about you including:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Personal Information by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by mail, phone, email or otherwise. This includes Personal Information you provide when you:
- Use our Services
- Request information be sent to you;
- Fill out a form or contact our representatives; or
- Give us some feedback or report a problem with our Services.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive Personal Information about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Web analytics providers.
- Search information providers.
4. HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your communication and relationship with us.
- To process your requests.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To provide you with updates and communications about services and programs that may be relevant to you.
- To personalize your website experience and to deliver content and services relevant to your interests, including email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, services, databases and other technology assets and business.
- For testing, analysis, and program development, including to develop and improve our Website, Services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your Personal Information.
We will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use the Personal Information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
THE VMT COMMUNICATIONS TO YOU
You agree that any or all of the entities that use the The VMT brand may send email and other communications to you for the purpose of advising you of changes or additions to the Site, about any products or services of The VMT, or about any other matters in the sole discretion of National Mentor Holdings, Inc..
5. SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. We may disclose your Personal Information to affiliated organizations and external parties for the purposes of serving our mentees, mentors and the community, and when we do so, the parties are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. We may also share your Personal Information with the following categories of third parties: Service Providers (such as technology service providers and financial service providers).
6. CHILDREN AND PRIVACY
Our Website and Services are not intended for children or minors under the age of 18 and we do not knowingly collect, use, disclose or sell Personal Information from children or minors under age 18. If you know or suspect that your child has submitted Personal Information to us and you would like to request that such information be removed, you may do so by contacting us at the address listed below in the Contact Information section.
7. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER
If you are located in a province, country, or other government jurisdiction outside of the United States, and if you choose to provide your Personal Information to The VMT through our Services, please be aware that your personal information will be transferred to and maintained on computers located in the United States and the applicable US privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction.
8. DATA SECURITY
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. We also limit access to Personal Information to those employees, agents, contractors, and other third parties who have a business need to know. These individuals will only process your Personal Information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of the data transmitted to or through our Services. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.
9. DATA RETENTION
We may maintain one or more databases to store your Personal Information and may keep such information indefinitely in order to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. In some circumstances we may anonymize your Personal Information so that it can no longer be associated with you for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
10. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. We do not share your Personal Information with any unaffiliated third parties for advertising purposes.
- Updates and Promotional Announcements from The VMT. If you do not wish to have your email address used by The VMT to promote or provide updates about our own or third parties’ services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to the email address provided below in the Contact Information section. If we have sent you a marketing or promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to communications with The VMT as a result of a service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to the email address provided below in the Contact Information section.
- We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
THE SITE AND CONTENTS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT LEGALLY PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, THE VMT HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE SITE, ANY AND ALL CONTENTS AND USER SUBMISSIONS, AND ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ITS ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS OR RELIABILITY AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE PRECEDING SENTENCE, The Venture Mentoring Team (The VMT) and/or its affiliates SPECIFICALLY DOES NOT WARRANT: (I) THAT THE OPERATION OF, OR ACCESS TO, THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE; (II) THAT ADEQUATE SECURITY MEASURES WILL BE IN PLACE TO PREVENT UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OR OTHER TORTIOUS CONDUCT; (III) THAT SITE ERRORS AND DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED; (IV) THAT THE CONTENTS AND INFORMATION ON THE SITE IS ACCURATE, FREE OF ERRORS, RELIABLE, COMPLETE, OR TIMELY; OR (V) THAT THE SITE AND ITS SERVER ARE VIRUS-FREE. YOU AGREE THAT YOU USE THE SITE AND THE CONTENTS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY MAY LAST, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. TO THE EXTENT PERMISSIBLE, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED TO NINETY (90) DAYS.
Contact for General Inquiries and Requests to Change Information
If you provided us with Personal Information and have a general inquiry or would like to request changes to your information, please contact us in one of the following methods.